Monday, December 24, 2007

Like I Need a Hole in My Head

    Who: Hosted by Joy
    What: Read 12 books that are the first in any series.
    When: January 1 to December 31, 2008.
    Why: Because I am addicted to challenges!


My Preliminary List

Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery
Anne of Green Gables

Books of Bayern by Shannon Hale
The Goose Girl

Cardcaptor Sakura by Clamp
Cardcaptor Sakura 1

Carlotta Carlyle Series by Linda Barnes
A Trouble of Fools
(I discovered this series from this review.)

Clare Fergusson/Russ Van Alstyne Series
by Julia Spencer-Fleming
In the Bleak Midwinter

Cliff Janeway Novels by John Dunning
Booked to Die
(I keep hearing good things about this series from booklogged.)

Cork O'Connor Mysteries by William Kent Krueger
Iron Lake

Frank Clevenger Series by Keith Ablow

Denial

The Ink Trilogy by Cornelia Funke
Inkheart

The Kingdom Keepers by Ridley Pearson
The Kingdom Keepers

Lincoln Rhyme Series by Jeffrey Deaver
The Bone Collector

The Sunday Philosophy Club Series
by Alexander McCall Smith
The Sunday Philosophy Club


By the way, I'm attempting to keep track of the series I read here. (It's definitely a work-in-progress!)

4 comments:

  1. Hooray! Welcome to the 1st in a Series Challenge. I'm so glad you didn't hold out...you'll be happy in the long run. :)

    We can begin soon! Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in the challenge, Allison! Happy reading... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, this challenge scares me, and yet I am hoping to read Booked to Die, and the Goose Girl, which I didn't realize was part of a series.
    And I completely copied you and booklogged on the series blog idea - thanks!

    (I hope you like Anne)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the lily bard series (which i discovered at raidergirl's site) is an alternate pick for me.

    ReplyDelete