Saturday, December 22, 2007

2008 TBR Challenge

I created this blog at the beginning of 2007 and thereby entered the fun, adventurous world of book blogging! Little did I know what was in store, as I soon discovered the even more fun, more adventurous world of reading challenges. One of the first I stumbled across was the 2007 TBR Challenge, hosted by MizB - but it was too late to join up. This year I'm in! And I'm going to join the Yahoo TBR Challenge group as well.



Basic Idea of the Challenge
  • Pick 12 books - one for each month of 2008 - that I've been wanting to read (that have been on my "To Be Read" list) for six months or longer, but that I haven't gotten around to.

  • Create a list of 12 "Alternates" (books I could substitute for my challenge books, given that a particular one doesn't grab me at the time). (Optional.)

  • Then, starting January 1, 2008, read one of these books from my list each month, ending December 31, 2008.
Additional information and a sign-up Mr. Linky
can be found at the challenge blog.


My Main List
(alphabetical by title)
  • Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner

  • The Birth House by Ami Mckay

  • Any Bitter Thing by Monica Wood

  • Bellwether by Connie Willis

  • A Dance for Three by Louise Plummer

  • Dicey's Song by Cynthia Voight

  • Life of Pi by Yann Martel

  • Light from Heaven by Jan Karon

  • The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd

  • The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory

  • Princess Academy by Shannon Hale

  • Saving Fish from Drowning by Amy Tan


My Alternates List
(alphabetical by title)
  • 1776 by David McCullough

  • Beautiful Lies by Lisa Unger

  • The Colony: The Harrowing True Story of the Exiles of the Molokai by John Tayman

  • Dear John by Nicholas Sparks

  • The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair that Changed America by Erik Larson

  • Hoot by Carl Hiaasen

  • Galileo's Daughter: A Historical Memoir of Science, Faith, and Love by Dana Sobel

  • Inkheart by Cornelia Funke

  • Lincoln's Dreams by Connie Willis

  • The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster

  • Riding the Bus with My Sister: A True Life Journey by Rachel Simon

  • The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen

2 comments: