Saturday, September 22, 2007

Fall into Reading


It actually feels a little like autumn today - after a long, hot summer. So it must be time for Katrina's Fall into Reading 2007. Not that I need another reading challenge, but I had such great fun with the Spring Reading Thing - meeting some nice people and getting new ideas for my to-be-read list - that I just can't pass up the opportunity to play along again. Thanks, Katrina!

Fall into Reading 2007 runs from September 23 through December 21. I've already got a bunch of books to read by the end of December for a bunch of other challenges, but I'm not going to cross-list any of those books. These are my six picks, in alphabetical order:

  • Don't Know Much About the Universe by Kenneth C. Davis
    (Non-fiction. My daughter Sugar Plum is also reading this, for a school project.)

  • Eragon by Christopher Paolini*
    (Young adult fiction. This has been on my to-be-read list since I saw the movie last December.)

  • If a Tree Falls at Lunch Period by Gennifer Choldenko
    (Young adult fiction.)

  • Killer Weekend by Ridley Pearson
    (Mystery novel, the first in a new series.)

  • The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart
    (Children's fiction, recommended by my daughters' pediatrician.)

  • Tara Road by Maeve Binchy
    (Fiction, to follow up my recent read of Evening Class.)

*I've already started this one.

Happy reading!

17 comments:

  1. The Mysterious Benedict Society looks interesting...(I like children's books) Happy Fall reading to you...
    http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/2007/09/22/fall-into-reading/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like reading children's mysteries too. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My older kids have read Eragon, and loved it-much better than the movie they said, tho they enjoyed the movie too. I like the title "If a tree fell at lunch"... some titles are just so 'right', know what I mean?

    I really like your Chesire cat picture with your comments, very nice..need to figure out how to do that someday...

    happy fall reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a couple on here that I'm really interested in -- Eragon and The Mysterious Benedict Society. My husband read Eragon (and Eldest) and has told me I should read it. And I stumbled across The Mysterious Benedict Society at the bookstore and it looked intriguing. I'm trying to decide if I should read it with my 8-year-old or wait until he's a bit older. Anyway, thanks for being part of the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a great list! I'll be stopping back to read some of your reviews (that you'll hopefully be writing)! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved The Mysterious Benedict Society! I hope you enjoy it as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list, I love Maeve Binchy, can't wait for the reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you love Juvenile Literature like I do. For a real treat check out "Flipped" by Wendelin Van Draanen. My favorite tween book. My kids and I loved "Gregor the Overlander."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Going to have to check out The Mysterious Benedict Society! Have a great reading season!


    Lana G!
    http://airmiles.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reading Maeve Binchey always makes me homesick for Ireland. Hope you enjoy reading it! I loved it, she is just so easy to read, she is such a great storyteller.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eragon is on my list too! I haven't seen the movie because I want to read the book first so I have my own pictures in my head as I read.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Noticed a LOT of challenges in your sidebar...good reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved reading Tara Road and i'm sure that you will too!!!Hubby has read Eragon and loved it .Have a great time reading.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've read Eragon and Eldest. They are very well done and enjoyed them immensely. I have the mysterious benedict society on my wish list for the time being.

    Have fun

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll be curious to see what you think of Eragon...was thinking about reading that one too but haven't bought it yet

    ReplyDelete
  16. Maeve Binchy is one of my all time favorite authors. Thanks for the reminder - it might be time to reread some of her books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't read any of these. I love getting new ideas! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete