Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
by J. K. Rowling

Published in 2007. 759 pages.


I didn't think that this final book in the series could possibly be satisfying to me - but I was wrong. My daughters, Jelly Bean and Sugar Plum, read it first - both of them in less than three days combined - but I didn't get to it until this week, and it took me four days to get through it. But I've just finished it - and I think J. K. Rowling did a great job concluding the story!

Dewey has created a blog for discussing Deathly Hallows, while keeping our own blogs spoiler-free - so that's where I'm headed next. (Click here to join me.)

By the way, this is the first of my four books for Beach Blanket Bonanza - books I'm reading this summer just for fun!

2007.43

2 comments:

  1. Wingnut read it in one week in between summer activities. Spoilers don't bother me: it is how the author gets to the end that fascinates me. I don't even know if I'm going to read this one (I didn't read HP6 either). Gasp! The only person on the planet. I got potter'ed out by reading 1-4 in one week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was ver satisfied by this one. I am going to miss Harry and his friends.

    ReplyDelete