Saturday, September 01, 2007

Books Are Like Chocolate

Just what I need: another challenge! The Reading the Author Challenge, hosted by verbivore, starts today - and I just have to play along! (Like I just have to eat chocolate!)


The requirement of this challenge is to read a minimum of three books by a single author between the beginning of September and the end of December. I did a similar thing when I created my Summer Reading Challenge list - choosing five novels by Jodi Picoult. Although I've read seven of her books this year, she has published fourteen (to date). I'd like to read them all, so I've decided to use Picoult as my author for this challenge as well.

I will read at least three of the seven of Picoult's novels that I haven't yet read:

  • Harvesting the Heart (1993)

  • Keeping Faith (1999)

  • Mercy (1996)

  • Picture Perfect (1995)

  • Second Glance (2003)
    (This one looks like it'd qualify for R.I.P. II as well.)
  • Salem Falls (2001)

  • Song of the Humpback Whale (1992)
I'm thinking that the three I'll definitely read for this challenge are Harvesting the Heart, Picture Perfect, and Salem Falls - but I reserve the right to change my mind and I just may get to more than three. Off to the library I go!

8 comments:

  1. I just started reading her as well. Now she is one of my favourites. Salem Falls was fantastic, I enjoyed Mercy, but had a heard time getting into it. Sounds like a great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you're joining in and I can't wait to see the first review come up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun with all that Picoult! Speaking of chocolate! My best friend just took me to this amazing gourmet chocolate shop and told me to pick out a pound for my birthday! It was like dying and going to chocolate heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read some by Picoult, but none on your list. I do have Songs of the Humpback Whale on my TBR list though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Jodi Picoult. Her books are so engrossing with interesting issues and great characterization. Enjoy her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *sigh* I was going to do this challenge, and then got swamped with review books. One of these days! My mother has recommended Jodi Picoult to me (I gather Ms. Picoult lives near her or something), so, one of these days I plan to get around to reading her books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great challenge! I am thinking of joining too and read Nora Robert's trilogies. I have 3 sets with me now and looks like it's a great challenge to do so.

    BTW, I've added you into my blog list. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm... I've posted mine here. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete