Tuesday, September 28, 2010

What's On Your Nightstand?

Hosted by 5 Minutes for Books

I'm hoping to quickly finish two books that I've been working on for a couple of weeks:

Once I'm done with those, I want to get started on my Fall into Reading list. Among the titles I'm most excited to read:

Buster Midnight's Cafe by Sandra Dallas is the October pick for the "book lunch girls," so it's on my nightstand too, as is The Hourglass Door, which will be a re-read for me, since it's the next book for my "Teaching through Literature Discussions" class.

Check out what's on other people's nightstands here.


4 comments:

  1. I've been so interested in the book marking the 50th anniversary of TKAM-- it's on my "someday" reading list. :)

    Thanks for joining us this month!
    -Dawn, 5 Minutes for Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard great things about The Postmistress! I hope it lives up the hype. :)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn: It's been a fun read - I'm maybe half way through it - to see the impact that TKAM has had on so very people.

    Cassandra: The Postmistress has been a slower read for me than I had hoped. I wanted to love it - but it's not been the compelling, can't-put-it-down read I was hoping for. Maybe it'll come together in the last quarter really well though ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for participating in the carnival! I am hoping to reread TKAM this year, so the 50th anniversary book looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete